Intern with us this summer!
In conjunction with our mission partnership with Belhaven University in Jackson, MS, Belhaven students have the opportunity to intern with our youth ministry at First Presbyterian Church of Ocean Springs each summer.
Interested in working in youth ministry on the Mississippi Gulf Coast this summer? We want to hear from you! Check out our video and apply at the bottom of the page!
OUR SUMMER INTERNSHIP
The summer youth internship is a position that will enable the youth ministry of FPCOS to fulfill its mission, which is to develop a community of students growing in discipleship of Jesus Christ through unconditional love, in relationship with one another and the church and in service to others, equipped to serve in the world. Interns will assist in planning, preparation and implementation of summer activities and events for the youth ministry of FPCOS. This internship is open to students of Belhaven University only.
Wednesday, June 1, 2022 – Sunday, July 31, 2022
We need you to be available throughout the entire time. You will have one weekday off per week (TBD).
$2,500 for the summer
Provided by church members of FPCOS
- Christ Follower, passionately pursuing an ongoing relationship with the Lord
- Ideally at least 20 years old and at least a junior in college
- An interest in pursuing ministry full-time or learning how to be used in ministry post-intern experience
- Desire to learn to help students grow in their relationship with Christ
- Servant’s heart
- Ability to communicate with parents, families and volunteers, as well as students
- Honest, hard working, flexible and motivated personality
- A desire to invest in the lives of high school and middle school students
- Must not be enrolled in any other classes during the internship
- Regular relational contacts with students during the week (recreational, small group, etc.)
- Help teach summer youth groups and small groups
- Help VBS Coordinator with youth volunteers
- Attend high school and/or middle school summer trips as a leader
- Assist with Harbor House upkeep, preparation for events
- Attend worship service and staff meetings
- May assist with some aspects of children’s ministry a few hours per week
READY TO APPLY?
2022 SUMMER YOUTH INTERN APPLICATION
"*" indicates required fields