SERVE OPPORTUNITIESWAYS YOU CAN SERVE OUR MISSION PARTNERS
What can I do to help?
Of course, our mission partners always need prayer support and we will be offering quarterly prayer updates to remember in your daily prayers. Below are some donated resources and volunteers that are needed for our various missions.
- Summer lodging for interns
- Inviting interns out for a meal
- Get to know our interns and provide encouragement
- Pray for students and faculty and staff at Belhaven and for the guidance of the Spirit as students are selected for FPCOS summer internship positions serving our youth
GOOD NEWS JAIL + PRISON MINISTRY
- Books with gospel encouragement for the library
- Volunteer weekly or monthly, any day and time of the day between 8 AM and 10 PM (excluding lunch hours from 11-1). The chaplain helps schedule these classes and/or devotions at the Pascagoula jail
- Be a grader for the Good News Bible Study correspondence course work for prisoners
- Attend the annual fundraising event to hear inspirational messages from those who were reached by the gospel
- Transition support as prisoners leave jail
BE A HOST TO A NEIGHBOR IN NEED
- Meet before worship and sit together in worship
- Lead them to the Commons and Faith Foundations classes
JOIN THE TEAM
- Meet with neighbor in need after they have attended worship
- Listen to their story, share and pray with them
- Follow up with them to reassure them of Christ’s love, and also help to hold them accountable to goals and commitments
HOME OF GRACE
- Medical, educational and recreational supplies
- Used Vehicles or Boats
- Check out our Amazon Wish List!
- Curriculum and client books/workbooks for additional daytime classes for clients
- Purchase new books for classes when resting is not possible
- Small books that outline the Gospel in detail – one that would allow each client to read/study it during their downtime and to take with them when they leave (ex: Getting it Right by Mike Fabarez or The Gospel of Jesus Christ by Paul Washer)
- Doctors, nurses and dentists willing to receive Home of Grace clients
- Leading one-hour 7 PM devotionals (6 PM on Saturdays) – giving your testimony, leading a Bible study, preaching, providing music
- Giving a 15-minute Friday 10 AM graduation message or just attending to encourage graduates and their families
- Help maintain landscaping
- Driving clients to area doctor and dentist visits or the Pascagoula Adult Learning Center for GED or Workskills testing
- Occasionally organize activity for an open two hours on Saturday mornings for something different (i.e. painting, pottery, crafts, outdoor or indoor games, etc.)
- Becoming a regular daytime instructor in order for Home of Grace to offer even more class options for the clients on topics such as conflict resolution, marriage, etc.
- The first two to three weeks are usually the most difficult for Home of Grace clients. Pray they will acclimate to the structure of their new schedule, persevere through withdrawals, and open their hearts and minds to receive God’s love, grace and salvation.
- Each client hears the gospel on a regular basis throughout their time at Home of Grace – pray for the gospel fruit in each life. Counselors use the gospel as a foundation of their counseling sessions; instructors share the gospel during classes (Basic Christianity and Making Disciples); most hear the gospel in the chapel services by area pastors and lay pastors; and many of the nightly devotional leaders share the gospel during the time with the clients.
THE LORD IS MY HELP
- Food items
- Paper products
- Monetary donations
FPCOS supports The Lord Is My Help by providing approximately 30 volunteers per week, every six weeks, throughout the year. There are also two volunteer opportunities each day at The Lord Is My Help, and volunteers must be 13 years of age or older.
- Meals on Wheels (9:15-10 AM): 3-4 volunteers are needed to assist with plating meals to be delivered to those in need throughout the Ocean Springs community.
- Serving Meals (11:15 AM – 12 PM): 3-4 volunteers are needed to assist with serving meals in the dining room to hungry neighbors in our Ocean Springs community.
- Pray for the folks who receive services through The Lord Is My Help. Many of these folks are homeless, on drugs, impoverished, have mental illness or a disability, or are elderly. They are not in an easy situation.
Reformed University Fellowship (RUF)
- Monetary donations for Allie can be made here.
- Donate items from Allie’s Amazon Wish List.
- For wisdom and direction as Allie seeks out a teaching job in Jacksonville post-internship
- For the remainder of her financial support to come in
- For a new intern to come to RUF at UNF in the fall
- For continued gospel conversations with the freshman girls – and for closure as she ends her intern relationship with them in May
- For endurance for herself and Tommy (campus minister)
- For their students to continue building community with each other and finding community in the local church
- That Allie may never forget the beauty and wonder of the Lord at work in this season
REFORMED YOUTH MINISTRIES (RYM)
Monetary donations can be made on the RYM website.
- Please pray for our youth and leaders for their RYM high school trip to Colorado and RYM middle school trip to Florida in June.
- Paper products
- Garbage bags
- Ziploc bags
- OTC medications (Tylenol, ibuprofen, Mucinex and antacids)
- Used vehicles
- Yard work
- General maintenance
- House touch-ups
- Mentors and friends
- People to host small get-togethers where they can share information about their programs
- For the clients we serve and the staff
- For funding to meet community needs
- For affordable housing to become available
- As the staff and volunteers share the gospel daily during prayers at meals and small discussions throughout the day, may those served at Sue’s Home increase in their faith that God is watching over and caring for them in many ways
UNITED WORLD MISSION (BRIANNE)
Monetary donations for Brianne can be made HERE.
- Sign up to receive her newsletter, send encouragement and pray faithfully for her. Learn more by contacting her Key Contact Jerrod Partridge here.
- For new 2023 monthly Noches De Las Artes (Arts Nights). Bri is organizing evenings for artists of all genres and backgrounds to come together and share their art – singing, dancing, writing poems/short stories, drawing/painting, theatre, etc. These nights are open for anyone and everyone to come in and share their gifts. Bri is collaborating with a local visual artist for this so she has great hope for the nights’ success.
- God’s continued blessing upon Bri as she continues teaching Latin dance classes and serving with Be Church – connecting with local artists in one of the dance schools in Spain, making significant friendships within Be Church, and mentoring some of the amazing young ladies.
- As she leads a small group within the church. She feels honored to have been asked to lead this year.
Monetary donations can be made on the Young Life website.
- Adult volunteer leaders for clubs and group Bible studies who would like to serve in this mission with us – introducing adolescents at Ocean Springs and Pascagoula middle and high schools to Christ and helping them grow in their faith
- For new leaders as they build friendships with kids and for the Lord to open doors for them to share Christ
- For kids’ hearts to be open to the Gospel and to the Lord’s love
- For summer camp trips for 2023 – for both the high school and middle school trips, as sign up deadlines are approaching, for the Lord to make a way for all the kids that are meant to be there to sign up
- For the kids who sign up for summer camp – that they get to clearly hear and experience the Gospel for the first time, or maybe in a new way